Friday, December 22, 2017

2017 Recap






We're nine days away from 2018 and as I look back on 2017 I see all the hills and valleys, that I've been on this year. While there have been more hilltop views than valley views, the valley views not only stretched my faith, they also drew my focus to Christ, which is where it is supposed to be.

The end of 2016 into 17 will be known here in Idaho as the snowpocalypse. We had more snow here in Idaho than we did in 25 plus years. It started snowing in December, and the snow blower was left on until March at least of 2017. I hope to not see snow for a very long time. This was our front yard last year. And as I write this, it is snowing. Once again God shows His sense of humor.


On a personal level 2017 will be a year that started me off on the road to being seizure free again. On February 25, 2017, was my last full seizure. I haven't experienced that since I had brain surgery in 2004. Part of the hilltops, the valley was the way I was feeling about a few things within the blogging community. While I was walking on cloud nine physically, emotionally I was insecure, something I hadn't experienced in a long time. Probably since I was in my twenties, but there I was allowing myself to be tormented emotionally by the father of lies. When God finally smacked me upside my head, it made sense, but in the midst of it I was completely oblivious. Satan takes advantage of those things, he just can't capitalize on them, only God can do that. I am so thankful He smacked me upside the head, with His truth. I have a new friendship with someone that I thought was an enemy and she is quickly becoming one of my dearest friends. That is a God thing, folks!

That's what I mean when I say hills and valley's. I would have been happy with just a straight continuum but God doesn't work like that. He uses everything to draw us closer to Him, even and especially if it's no fun, that seems to be His MO.
It may not be fun during the stretching of our faith, but it's always worth it in the end.

As I look ahead to 2018, I see loads of new books on the horizon. I will be doing a week's worth of top reads from 2017, and a few highlights of upcoming releases.

For myself, I hope I remain seizure free. I am working on thoughts I want to focus on all year instead of one word for the year. One that comes to mind is "Forgive quickly, and often." Look for those thoughts making their way to my blog by or right after the first of January.

What do you see as you reflect on 2017? What are your hopes for 2018, besides all the new books? LOL

If you'd like to read the blog post about my insecurities you can read it here.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


1 comment:

MeezCarrie said...

I’m so excited for you about being seizure free for so long!

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...